Monday, February 27, 2012

The Wall Immersion box set




everyone has their favorite era of Pink Floyd. I have always had a place in my heart for the Roger Waters era. it was darker and grittier than the Syd era and slightly more sophisticated than the David Gilmore era. To me Roger's ego and vision gave us some of the best music of the 20th century. And the Wall was the best of the best. I loved how Water's vision was extremely personal, yet seemed to encapsulate the experience of living in the 20th century for every generation. Well it's the 21st century now and we have the Wall Immersion box set. 6 cps and one dvd all dedicated to The Wall. I'm sucked back into it like when i discovered it for the first time. What really grabs my attention is the two discs of demos. it is fascinating to watch the wall take shape. It's an inside glimpse of a genius at work. It takes work to get through it, but it is worth it. I can't wait until i see the Wall performed live at Yankee Stadium in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment