Friday, February 10, 2012

The Physick book of Deliverance Dane




The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
-JJW

I was always under the impression that I was a slow reader, until recently It came to my attention that it's more like I am a careful reader.
I thought about this a lot.
OK. sure, it did take me a whole year to get through Wicked, but in the end I was happy because I loved it!
When I picked up this book, it was at the town library during a book sale. I decided to grab it on a whim. I just finished it the other night and I am so very glad that I did.
It most certainly did not take me a whole year to read, but It has it's own challenges.
There are parts of the text that read in an old-timey Boston accent, not easy to break down into regular words at times... but you know what got me through it honestly, was Julianne Moore's character on 30 Rock. Her Boston accent helps me play that tone out in my mind and I could then hear the words being spoken... hey whatever works sometimes, eh?
Anyway, once you start getting to the really good stuff towards the end you will be so riveted by what happens you'll thank yourself for powering through the tricky stuff...
this book seems to be available in many markets ebooks, audio books, regular form... so no excuses people... reading is good for the soul, and who doesn't love a book about witches anyhow?!
especially the Salem old hard core kind ;)

Happy reading!
-JJW

No comments:

Post a Comment