Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hold me closer,Tony Danza and other misheard lyrics


Hold me closer, Tony Danza and other misheard lyrics -Charles Grosvenor Jr.
-JJW
The concept of this book is the epitome of genius!
Inside you will find a multitude of artists who have lyrics that are commonly misunderstood.
Knowing how easy it is to fall victim to butchering a great song I am including a few that I would have sworn by, starting with Dido- White flag. ( correct: I will put my hands up and surrender) I thought... I will poke my eyes out and surrender.. which I always found odd, but hey?! You never know.
I would also like to add that this exact correction was one of the listed songs word for word I literally laughed out loud. Like see!! I knew it!
Then Pearl Jam black ( correct: I'm surrounded by some kids at play) I heard, I'm surround by donkeys and bears.... what can I say?
The title to this book has one of the funniest misheard lyrics to date, (correct: hold me closer tiny dancer) listed as hold me closer, Tony Danza. HaHa..

Here are the top 10 misheard lyrics I love from this book
10.No Doubt-Just A Girl-
Correct: take this pink ribbon off my eyes-
take this big chicken off my eye
9.for my Ohio friends- Alice in Chains: rooster
(correct: yeah here come the rooster)
Yeah he come from Wooster. 8.Will Smith- getting jiggy with it
(correct: getting jiggy with it)-
Hit a chicken with it
7.The white stripes- seven nation army
(correct: I'm gonna fight `em off)-
I’m gonna find a moth
6.Tool- schism
(correct: I know the pieces fit)
I know the pizzas thin
---One thing on this I will add is that tool is one band where when hearing the song ten reading the lyrics it's like never having heard it before. Like wha? Maynard is the only man I know who can make prison sex sound beautiful.. no joke.---
5. R. Kelly- I believe I can fly
(correct: I believe I touch the sky) –
Abby leave Ike, and touch this guy
4. rage against the machine- bulls on parade
(correct: they rally round the family with a pocket full of shells)
runnin' round the family, with a flock of polish elves.
3. Pink-get the party started-
(correct: I'm coming up so you better get this party started) –
I’ve gotta knife, so you better get this party started.
2. Outkast- Hey Ya!-
(correct: shake it like a Polaroid picture)
shake it like a corduroy preacher
1. Nine Inch Nails- Down in it
(correct: I was up above it)
I was up a bunny
So in closing I have to thank everyone of you humans who like me are creative enough to hear more then meets the ear in this case. This book is a great party piece. Sure to make your friends laugh and you might discover how in some cases like me with the Dido song, your not crazy after all. Haha. Or come up with a few more that didn't make the cut.
For the rest of you YOUR ALL ROBOTS!
Happy Reading!
-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment