Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jenny's tori corner







TORI CORNER by Jenny Joy
12/30/2011

Issue 1.

Top 10 Favorite Tori Amos songs and why

10. WITNESS- this song comes at you hard with heavy bass lines the Hammond organ and some fast lyrics that will make your head spin.

9. TOAST- toast is a more emotional song that when your feeling sad and you are reminiscing of those who have passed on.. you raise a glass, make a toast in their honor.

8. Bug a Martini- this song is found on the welcome to sunny Florida DVD as an extra and it is really funky and exciting. Makes you wanna dance!

7. original sinsuality- I like this song because it made me pull out all my books and research what and who she was singing about and there is a wonderful mysterious story deep within the characters in this song.
6. TAKE TO THE SKY- tori loves to play this song live and though generally speaking, I am not always one for any type of audience participation however, when Tori asks... how can one say no?

5. yes Anastasia- this is a great longer song I not only love the lyrics but the end of this song is really what does it for me. The high notes are stellar :)

4. THAT GUY- comes off of the abnormally attracted to sin album. This entire CD was like walking into a smoke filled bar on a Wednesday afternoon and people watching as the scene gets more odd by the hour. And when it comes to Tori there is just nothing wrong with that.


3.PRECIOUS THINGS- for all those with a “billy” in there pasts this one for me always hit home. To me this song has a lot to do with the personal side effects of conforming to others because its the normal thing to do. And how to walk away from it as well and start over as your self.

2. SILENT ALL THESE YEARS-
I love this song bit more then the others because there was a time in my life where I was more of the listener and didn’t speak up for myself. And it took me longer then it should have to realize that all I needed was a push and then off I went into become for better or worse who I would be for the next 10 years.

1. Cool on your island-
this is by far my most favorite tori Amos song ever. It screams to me in so many ways. I love to hear her play it live ( it always makes me cry)
I love to sing along to it when I am at home. I mean come on... is it cool on your island? Sometime we feel so separated from not only others but from our selves and this song is the prayer that follows right along to finding that inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment