Thursday, January 5, 2012

Charmed


Charmed Comic Series
by JJW



For many charmed fans when the show ended it felt like so much more of the story should have continued on.
Then to my most excited surprise we get a comic!

I have been carefully reading these issues and have been collecting them as often as I did for the paperback books they put out.

This time instead of writing b-stories based off the episodes we get the continuation of the show.. it is everything that I could have ever hoped for and more.

Having went to this past Comic con in NY, I can tell you that it is very frustrating to see the abundance of Buffy merchandise everywhere from calendars to books and action figures.
One has to ask.. Where the hell is all the charmed Stuff hidden?

Could this be perhaps another reason to blame Shannon Doherty?
Well. Perhaps not, after years of understanding that Ms. Doherty made keeping her out of the story line difficult and even awkward at times, we now through the comic get a better understanding of what was going on in her absence.
I will not offer up a spoiler but I can tell you that I was riveted while reading.

I love this series and highly recommend it to all my fellow charmed fans.
I would also like to add for anyone who loves the show but is not used to the graphic novel format of writing, knowing the voices and the series helps make sense of this style format.
I wish you all happy reading !

And always remember the power of three will set you free ;)

-Jenny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment